Save on office supplies at Amazon.

Sunday

A to Z Blogging Challenge post planning begins


Are you ready for this? The A to Z Blogging Challenge begins in one week, with the first posts appearing on Sunday, April 1st.  

OK, many participants skip Sundays to make their 26 alphabetized posts last all month. 
Those folks will likely start on Monday, April 2nd.

Gulp! I’ve signed up to do six blogs this time.

Are you following these blogs yet? That’s the only way to track whether I complete the 26-post challenge this year in a six-fold saga of blogging extremism.


Yes, that sounds like a lot, but I’m gearing up already.

Most of the major blogging platforms allow users to pre-set posts for future publication. I’m surely doing that. When my calendar turns to April, the first few posts should be ready to go.

I’ve listed many of my alphabetical posts in a spiral notebook, devoting a page to each blog. I’m jotting down ideas and picking out materials I want to use. I’m snapping, searching and saving related photos from A to Z.

On a couple of my blogs, I hope to invite anecdotes, photos, or article links from fellow writers as well.

Some folks may be surprised to see their published articles promo-linked, as the month of April rolls by. Stay tuned, as you never know whose work may be highlighted next!

Reminder: It is illegal to republish others’ work without permission. 
Web writers generally welcome title-links, and short summaries (under 100 words) are usually fine. 
But cut-and-paste copying of poems and entire articles in blog posts, on websites, or even in email forwards actually violates copyright laws.

The A to Z Blogging Challenge does add considerably to a web writer’s monthly workload, but I love participating. This process jump-starts my blogging engine each year. So I am revved up and ready to go.

Wanna play?

You can sign up online to join the A to Z Blogging Challenge for 2012. Be sure to check out the Facebook page too. If you do sign up, you will want to add the A to Z Blogging Challenge graphic and link to your blog.

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Related Items:
 Image:  
ABC’s – Creative Commons Licensing Artwork
2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge logo
Fair Use ImageI

1 comment:

  1. You are one brave person!
    Just wanted to welcome you to the A to Z Challenge and I'm looking forward to your posts next month.
    Don't forget to turn off word verification.

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Have related insights, ideas, or a story to share? Feel free to comment, and let Working in Words know you were here.