Save on office supplies at Amazon.

Sunday

A to Z Writing: Zealous Zombies in Zany Ziggurats


Writing can be serious business, but it need not always be.

Once in a while, even the most scholarly wordsmiths may zip out of zone and zoom off a zillion zesty zips.

It’s all part of living in the zoo.

Freelance, agency or corporate writers tend to be imaginative sorts. Don’t we all need an occasional break from tedium?

For decades, I’ve made my living in writing, composing everything from executive speeches to editorials, and from legal exposes to limericks. And I love it.

I’m one of those curious sorts, pouring myself into research and enjoying outlining. I actually enjoy staring at my computer screen and trying to come up with creative ways to express the most straightforward of subjects.

But once in a while, I want to go off the page. Maybe zealous zombies in zany ziggurats are onto something. So, just for fun, here’s my wrap-up for the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Hey, sometimes one has to let go of logic (and logistics) and simply write about zombies. It's a way to escape from daily routine, so as not to become a zombie oneself!

(Watch for a complete listing tomorrow
of my Working in Words posts
for the 2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge.)

The Zombie Zoom –
Limericks in Fun for Words on the Run

Zealous zombies march apace
In zany ziggurats in space.
They stand and stare,
Seem unaware,
And yet each footfall leaves a trace.

We writers tap our keys to cite,
As zombies zoom into the night.
We sit, compose,
And pen our prose –
Although we’d best grab foil for flight.

For creativity’s a game,
And if we lost, ‘twould be a shame.
But never fear,
The zombies near
Stand ready to accept the blame.

c2012 by Linda Ann Nickerson

(For Amy Browne, Joshua Cook, Tammy Lee Morris, Linda StCyr, and other zombie writers.)

Related Items:

Acrostic poems need not contain rhyme or meter, but this acrostic poem does. Brainstorms offer creative notions, new ideas and open-ended possibilities. What brainstorms are brewing in your own imagination today?

Dear Editor: About that rhyme; I think I need a bit more time. It's not a writer's block I face, I'm concepting at warp-speed pace. A hardware glitch has got me beat; I'm squirming in my writing seat.
Image:  
Zombies!
Creative Commons Licensing
Public Domain/Wikipedia Commons Photos
2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge logo
Fair Use

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Nice touch to the end of a zombiefying Challenge. Thanks for being a part of the A to Z April.

    I've added myself as a follower to this site.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeroing in, I see...very nice finish for a very busy challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how many of us included zombies in today's posts. Probably because we feel like our brains have been eaten at this point!

    Congrats on completing the A to Z challenge!
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Have related insights, ideas, or a story to share? Feel free to comment, and let Working in Words know you were here.